Monday, September 28, 2009

Why is Anything Else More Interesting When I Have a Deadline?

I shouldn't be posting here at all. I should be writing. Like. A. Fiend.

In eighteen days my young adult novel is due at Penguin USA. I've got about a hundred or so pages to write. I suspect I'll make it, given how much I can write during the day. The real question is: how much time will my readers have to read it and for me to revise it after they find everything what is wrong with it....

And wouldn't you know it? The world is full of shiny. I have have dishes that need doing. Kitty litter to change, and, suddenly, it all seems so much more interesting than writing.

So... distract me! What are you up to today? Anything fun?

1 comment:

M. Francis Hastings said...

I've got to write the Fool's Journey for the Tarot book tonight and tomorrow. I've been trying to think of how to do it to make it meaningful (read: NOT EYES GLAZED OVER BORING by CARD 11). How's that for a distraction? ;)

-Mel