Wednesday, November 26, 2014

More Waywardness!

In case you're following the School for Wayward Demons as it comes to press, we had another installment yesterday "The F.U. Cake":

 
Art by Alexis Cooke

Things are starting to get interesting at the School, so you don't want to miss any installments.


In other news, my Japanese class had a dinner out at Tanpopo last night. I had the Age-Dashi Tofu appetizer, and, because it was a blustery winter night, the Nabeyaki Udon, which is a kind of hot-pot stew that comes in a clay pot with (in this case) fish cakes, chicken, mushrooms, hrimp tempura, tamagoyaki (the rolled omelet thing I've only ever before written about!) and, as advertised, udon noodles. I had a weird kind of flush of pride when I realized that the instructor and I had ordered the same thing. Made me feel like I was making good choices, you know? I also had edamame mochi for desert, which was terrific, though not a lot of people liked it because it is green bean paste inside a kind of rubbery rice wrapping. I'm a big fan of any kind of bean paste, though, so I was very happy.

No comments: